“Let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good deeds and give glory to your Father.”
(verb) To show, reveal, exhibit, give evidence of.
Displaying joy in God
Jesus taught that our faith and joy in God should be clearly seen by the world around us. If we are followers of Christ, there should be a visible change in our lives that others can see and that points people to the source of our joy.
Our transformation should be visible
As our joy in God develops in us, we should find that it cannot be contained, but that it flows out of us in a life of obedience to God, love to others, service to the church, and service to our communities. Doing so not only gives evidence of our new birth in Christ, but shows the world how great Christ is.
In obeying God, we show we believe God is worthy of all allegiance, is trustworthy, and is better than anything this world has to offer. (1 John 2:4)
In loving others, we demonstrate that we’re so satisfied by God that we want to do all we can to serve others and help them find their joy in Him. (Galatians 5:14)
Serving our church
Displaying joy in God involves using our God-given gifts to serve in our local church, which is Christ’s visible body in the world. (Romans 12:4-7)
Serving our community
Displaying joy in God also includes being out in our community, living lives that make much of Christ and seek to attract others to Jesus.
So, this is what we do:
The Bible teaches that every believer has an strategic role to play in the building of Christ’s church. Thus, we offer a multitude of volunteer ministry opportunities affecting nearly every aspect of church life.
• Adult Discipleship: Home Group Leaders, Men’s and Women’s Discipleship Group Leaders
• Children’s Discipleship: Sunday School and Children’s Church Teachers, Nursery, VBS & AWANA Volunteers.
• Men’s Service Teams: Maintenance Team, Working for Others Team
• Outreach: Local Outreach Team, Global Outreach Team
• Sunday Worship Services: Ushers, Greeters, Exaltation Team Volunteers
• Youth Discipleship: Junior High and High School Staff Workers and Volunteers
The above list is just a glimpse into the variety of service opportunities that are available. To learn more, contact our church office (365-3331).