Dear Neighborhood Church,
We are excited to let you know we are planning to begin modified, in-person worship services on Sunday, June 7.
Throughout this entire situation, we have been driven by a desire to honor God, love others, and obey our government. Therefore, as we make plans for gathering again, we will continue to seek to comply with government guidelines regarding health and safety.
That will mean a number of temporary changes to our services, which will require us all to make some sacrifices and do things that we'd prefer to not have to bother with. However, we believe these sacrifices are worth it in order to allow us to worship together again in ways that please God and bless one another.
Here are some things you should know:
- Even after we resume in-person services, we will continue to livestream our services for those who would feel more comfortable participating from home during this time.
- We will be offering two services--one at 9:00am, and one at 10:30am. Both services will also be livestreamed at those new times.
- Since seating will be limited in both services, we ask that you reserve your seat through an online registration system, which will be available next Tuesday.
- At least for the time being, we will not be offering Sunday School.
- Our Main Auditorium will be designated a Moderate Precaution Area, where we will be encouraging basic precautions regarding the spread of sickness. We ask that everyone enter this area through the main doors under the covered patio.
- Our Student Center will be a Strong Precaution Area, intended for those who would prefer an environment where others are being more careful. There will be a live video feed to this room.
- In both rooms, we ask that households sit together and remain six feet away from those in other households.
- We are asking everyone to wear face coverings between their cars and their seats, since during this time people will often be passing by others and interacting with others.
- In addition, we will encourage everyone in the Main Auditorium to wear a face covering while singing, since this is the time when there is the greatest risk of spreading germs.
- The Student Center will be reserved for those who would prefer to wear a face covering the entire time. If you do not intend to wear a facemask the entire time, please do not go to the Student Center.
- Since guidelines require that all children must stay with their household, we will not be offering children's church or nursery care during either service.
- The Jr. High Room and Room G will be designated Family Care Rooms, which will be available for those parents who find that their young children are struggling in the main service. There will be a live video feed to each of these rooms. In these rooms, at least one parent must remain with their child(ren).
Basic Health Practices:
- We will be facilitating simple health screening and offering temperature checks before entering the buildings.
- If you are in any way feeling unwell or consider yourself to be in a high-risk category, we ask that you please stay home and participate in our services online.
- Please be considerate of others and follow current guidelines for hygiene practices and social interaction.
There are also a number of other precautions we are taking to keep you safe. These will include:
- Extra cleaning of our facilities on Sunday mornings.
- Placing bulletins on chairs before you arrive.
- Asking ushers to open and close doors for you.
- Directing traffic flow to keep people moving in the same direction.
At this point, we are not yet resuming other midweek activities at our building, such as Tuesday Youth Group, Thursday Celebrate Recovery, or Small Group Bible Studies. We will keep you posted as changes occur.
We greatly appreciate your prayers and your patience as we attempt this regathering. We also understand that there may a sense of grief as we adjust to these changes. Remember, these plans are only temporary and may change soon. As we go along, our government will be continually reassessing the situation, which may allow for changes to our policies.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us. You can call our office at 365.3331 or just reply to this email.
For His Glory,
Your NCAC Elders